• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Spawn

So i ran across hundreds of carp rolling around in the shallows today. Will these things eat when they are doing this? And if so, do I just use the same things to catch them? I don't fish for Carp, but there were some hogs in there and they look fun to catch. Corn, Balls, Worms??? Any help appreciated.

if you are into bow fishing i would go after them. it's a blast shooting them with a arrow. they really put up a big fight. what lake did you see them rolling?? cause they were rolling in the lakes around here about a week and a half ago.

Stretch.....It was Prior Lake, and they are definitely carp. Maybe I will give a worm a try. It is funny, while I was watching this I thought "wow this would have to be a bowfisher's dream......sure enough it didn't take 3 hours and a guy with a bow showed up! I still think it would be more fun to catch them on a rod. Maybe try tomorrow.

I see them thrashing around im pairs in very shallow water this time of year. I always thought they were breeding. I have never got one to bite whrn they are doing that. I do catch dozens of catfish around them tho, I think the cats are in there eating the spawn....

Cripes, were they thick and intent on spawning this weekend! If anyone is looking for a great place to bowfish or spear, Games lake near New London is hopping right now. Find a shallow bay and they're splashing all over.

i think any way you can get them would be a blast, i like to catch them on light tackle light to medium rod with light test line man do they fight. and even a small carp can keep you busy for a while to were your arms get tired. very fun fish to take kids to catch.