• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

R&J's Rooster Ranch?

SportFishin'

Anybody ever use R&J's Rooster Ranch for Dog training in Lonsdale,MN? Or anybody a member out there?

Looking for info on the facility & how thier grounds are for dog training. I want to get my 12 mo.Griffon on some pheasants to steady him up on flush to wing & also run my 9 yr old Lab to keep her fresh/conditioned before the seasons open.

Thanks,

Chris

While I have never hunted out there, some people I work with have. They offer many different hunting opportunities and group hunts similar to others, but perhaps are less crowded.

Call and ask for Rob Enedy. Rob will hook you up with a good hunt and can also assist with any dog training issues you might be having.

Good luck.

It's a small operation with decent fields to hunt on. I was out there once. I had a good enough time but the ground/grass was so wet from dew that the chukars I had planted got soaked and couldn't fly very well. I'd go back again.

They also host a Llewellin Setter field trial (sort of a NSTRA format) out there every year so if you are into that strain of setter it's something I'd check out.

Do a google search on R&J Rooster Ranch and their site should be first in the hit list.

Thanks guys,

I have been doing some Thurs. night training out at Major Ave. & wanted to switch things up for my Griffon pup so he's not seeing the same grounds. And now that I'm done with our NA Test (91 PrizeIII) would like to switch to some pheasants, because the quail just have not been flying hard enough for me & they are teaching him to creep.

Plus R&J's looked like they had a nice pond to start my Duck Search training for the UPT Test. Does thier pond have good cover around it?

Thanks again,

Chris

real nice people, i just bought a llewellen from them and will be joining shortly. i do believe they train on tues. nights so stop by if you have a chance and see the operation. also check out there web site