• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good ones are here.

MARINERMAGNUM

stopped my service van in a likely spot today to eat lunch. nice quiet road next to a creek with lots of big oaks,etc. saw tanagers,myrtle warblers,male and fem. redstarts,vireos, and 1 i had trouble i.d.ing. turned out to be a wilsons warbler. 1st one i've seen. are they very common? sure moved thru the trees quick. anyway,lunch ran about 2.5 hours....oops!

Good one, Tom. I thought of that, too. grin.gif

Wilson's warblers are common migrants. They nest in nearly all of Canada, as well as in the western U.S. mountains and western U.S. coastal areas. They don't nest in Minnesota, unless it's the very far northern tip.

But they are all over the place during spring migration, especially around brushy areas near water, willows in particular.