• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prov,

On behalf of everyone that stole the last post from you, I apologize. Did you get your new camera? If so, which model did you buy, and have you shot with it yet? Let us know.

Tom W

Yes, my apologies, too. It can get a little exciting around here, but we're generally a lot better about keeping threads on track, and in fact that's part of my job. Talk about falling down on the job. frown.gif

But it's exciting to go DSLR, isn't it? Show us some of your work when you get rolling. grin.gif

No apologies needed. I learned a ton reading your posts and everyone elses. It is extremely motivating looking through the posts and realizing how serious you guys/gals are with photography. I am envious that I dont have the same knowledge and skills as you guys. Soon, very soon. You know, the funny thing is that I never paid attention to the photography posts. I am on this site everyday multiple times a day and when I first posted my question, I went to the equipment section and was within minutes redirected to this site. Great deal, because this is much easier, informative reading than the camera manual. Thanks to all who steered me in the right direction. I did get my camera, I went with the D50 and am very happy with it. I havent done too much playing with it, but will hopefully get some quality pics to post soon. I went with the body only and purchased a 70x300 mm lens to go with it and am very impressed with the zoom. I can see myself going with more lens' in the near future.

Good job on the camera! Shoot like crazy and you'll learn a lot faster than you would with film.

And please share your work with us. As far as talent and experience and all that, no matter what a person's skill level, there's always someone out there who can do it better. Sometimes I look at my day's work and think it's pretty good. Other days I look at it and wonder if I'm ever going to take a real photo.

One is only limited by his or her imagination.

Have fun. grin.gif