• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My first cardinal (bird, not Catholic!)

Steve Foss

I grew up in SW Wisconsin with cardinals. Never lived where they nested after I picked up the camera. Went back to LaCrosse a couple weekends ago, and just as I rolled out of bed and picked up a camera because I heard the cardinal's song, this one stayed in place just long enough in the rainy woods for me to make the capture.

The capture has its share of technical issues (handheld telephoto at 1/40 sec not 20 seconds after I woke up), but I like the composition, and the bird is, after all, a sentimental favorite, even without his tall Catholic hat. grin.gif

Canon 20D, 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso100, 1/40, f5.6

cardinal-hunkers.jpg

I don't think that some of you that post pictures, and I won't name because sure enuff I would forget one and then be mad at myself later, know how much some of the rest of us N Joy looking at your pictures! Bird watching and photo sharing are the first two forums that I check every time I log on! Steve, great photo once again and thanks for sharing! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo