• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Painted over jig line hole.. how to clear it?

Slyster

I hate the painted over line hole on jigs! What's the best way to open them up?.. I usually use another jig hook to try to poke through it.. probably dulling that jigs hook.

Any tips/tricks to get the clogged jig hole? I cannot believe they just can't blow them open while the paint is wet. Some do.

Sly bud, they make a tool just for this.. If you look in your local bait shop. It looks a little like a nail clipper but is designed to remove the paint from the eyes of jigs.. Ask for it at your local bait shop and they will point you in the right direction.

Rapala makes a real nice out fit that you can hang around your neck. The lanyard has a clipper, hook sharpener, and the eye opener right on it. Works great in the summer or winter. I hang it on my neck and never have to hunt for the tool I need. The clipper also has a small diameter hook for helping to open tangles in the line. I have seen them at most discount stores, hardware stores, and a few bait shops. It's a handy tool for me anyway.

Deadhead hit it right on the head. I use one similiar with a retracting pin just like that. Also has a Diamond sharpener and clippers. Much more compact than the others set up and very well built. The other styles bend easily after awhile and become pretty difficult to use. The One like Dead head shows will open the tiniest ice jigs and flies. Of course all the Your Bobbers Down and Little-Atom panfish jigs come with clean eyes on all the jigs already. No more bloody fingers.

My $.02.