• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV only,what's up with this?

CASTnBLAST

I realize theres a bunch more people who ride atv's than dirt bike but what's the reasoning not allowing bikes on atv trails? If you look at the places available to ride atv's dirt bike trails pale in comparison.My boys and I ride Martineau and Spider Lake but sure would like some new areas to ride within a reasonable distance.Kinda frustrating.

I'm not certain if this will help or make any sense but I know that the snowmobile groups don't want ATV's on their trails because of damage to the trails by the wheels vs. tracks. If there was some kind of a debate about the bikes having some kind of an impact on the ATV trails, that could easily be countered because ridden responsibly, the bikes will leave less of an impact on the trails than the ATV's do.

I realy can't answer why some atvers do not want bikes on the trails no more then I can answer why some snomobilers don't want atv's on their trails. Speaking for where I live the two clubs get along fine. Maybe because so meny people in both organizations own both machines. I will say that atver's do not ride snomobile trails once the season opens.

As fare as damage to trails go, it has been my observation that atves do not start damaging trails until the trucks have been in ahead of them and tore things up to the point of making it diffecult for atv's to get through. The guy's I know that run groomers have no problem with atves running on the trails in the summer. They say that any damage that might be there is covered with snow and ice anyway.