• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have done real well slip bobber fishing close to shore in the evenings using a plain hook and a silver shinner. For some reason, silver shinners excel on that lake.

I have also heard others say that jumbo leeches on a lindy rig or spinner rig can be real good that time of the year. I hope these work for me in a couple weeks when the bigstone opener is here. I predict a awesome opener this year. Goodluck on bigstone over memorial weekend.

Pretty much anything can work that time of year. Try all locations, and let location dictate your presentation. Local favorite tactics are pitching jig/minnow and small cranks to the shorelines in the morning and evening, focus on weeds and rocks, or mudlines if there is one, and pulling cranks or spinners around the points and islands. Also, slip bobbers in/around the rocks at dawn and dusk and sometimes all night long.

Dusty

Lakevillemarine, I suggest that you stay on your Harley & do what you do best, wander around & talk smack. Leave the fishing to those with more experience & fishing savvy!

Barring that, please leave your garage open so I can grab your new Alumacraft if the fit takes me. grin.gif

I know it was hard to do, but i didn't go. The weather was just to much for me to handle. What a depressing weekend that was. I am planning on going there this saturday. I plan to hit it early and fish into midday. Sounds like the weather is supposed to be decent. The secretary at work told me her husband caught lots of eyes right from his dock this past weekend. I will probably start in that area, and work north. How about anyone else? Our secretary said there were tons of people there opening day. OK lets here it. How did everyone do?