• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garden Lake Near Ely

Thanks for sharing that with us, stormy. On the other thread you replied to I was going to encourage you to share images of your art with us, but I see you beat us to the punch.

I like it very much. Tell us more about your medium (the materials, not the psychic grin.gif) I don't remember seeing color pencil used on black paper before, but I don't have much experience with that type of art, and I can see how it nurtures the deep tones and adds drama to the palate.

nofish: Please do share your art with us. It's called the "photo sharing" board, but there are many types of visual art that lend themselves to this forum, and I think we all come here for eyesful of inspiration. And that inspiration doesn't just come from hook and bullet.

Thank you so much both of you. Steve thank you.. well I used to paint and stopped doing my art while raising my sons. When they got less dependent I decided to pick it up again and started with pencil and charcoal. But sadly I couldn't get the affects I wanted with white paper and no color. I didn't want to use too many mediums because of the cost and painting requires it's own space. I ran across the black paper at an art supply store in Fargo. I switched to colored pencil and this is the end result. I will post one of my river pictures I did on white paper later. As you can see I'm a lover of the outdoors and everything it has to offer. I love this site.

Yes, this a wonderful site. It's been my great pleasure to be associated with it for these last years. I grew up in Grand Forks, went through the Great Flood of 1997 working as a writer and editor in the Grand Forks Herald newsroom, and I know Fargo pretty well. Couldn't get back to the woods soon enough to suit me. Are you marooned in one of those Red River Valley sinkhole towns? blush.gif

No thank goodness I'm still in Minnesota but I live an hour from Fargo in Detroit Lakes. It's flatter than Ely but we atleast have some trees shocked.gif When I go to North Dakota

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone! I miss the North woods desperately, especially during Spring and Autumn.

Yeah, it's the only place I ever lived where I could watch the sunset while on my back changing the oil under the truck. We're talking FLAT! But don't tell that joke to a Nodak unless they have a sense of humor. People from the Valley who thought the movie "Fargo" was funny will laugh at it. People from the Valley who take themselves too seriously invariably HATED "Fargo," and will not see the humor in the sunset joke. blush.gif

Life is too short to take seriously, after all. grin.gif

And Stormy, you may be just far enough east to live in trees that aren't cottonwoods or box elders, but you know darn well those Fargo Flatlanders are the main summer residents in Detroit Lakes. Ooops, there I did it. No doubt I'm in for it now. grin.gif

I dont blame you for not wanting to go back lol

Steve isn't that the truth in the summer our population

doubles and so does the traffic past my house. I live on

the main route to the beach. I won't even talk about the 4th of July grin.gif