• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring pictures

Wonderful images MJBo!....finally the mushrooms are getting some recognition...lol! grin.gif....I,ve posted some fungi on the forum myself last summer..some I found very colorful and photogenic...and there's a never ending opportunity just laying out there to be photographed...your first photo resembles a "fairy helmut" and the next looks like a "crown coral"..the orangesh looking shroom could be alot of things...kinda looks like a false chantrelle"but then again".....welcome to the forum MJBo...will be looking forward to more of those images......jonny grin.gif

Thanks everyone. I've been a lurker on this forum admiring all of everyones work for a while. Photobucket shrunk these quite a bit but I'm looking forward to posting alot more and think I'll learn alot here.

MJBo, we'll look forward to more good work.

If you use a late version of phtoshop (cs or cs2), you can just size your horizontals to 600 pixels across and your verticals to 400 pixels across and select "save for Web," and select 80% jpeg when you get to that box. This compresses them very nicely for the Web without making them too small to really see well, but helps FM immensely by keeping bandwidth down. If you don't have a save for Web feature on your post processing software, you can still save jpegs to those dimensions before uploading to photobucket, and at those sizes photobucket won't automatically resize them smaller. Either 72 or 80 dpi is plenty of resolution, because almost all commercially available computer monitors only resolve to 72 dpi.

And it's gettin' to be morel time in central Minnesota, too. Mmmmm, goood.

On the recipes board on FM, there's one posted from me (can't remember the thread, but a search could be done) using fresh morels sauteed in unsalted butter and drizzled over fresh broiled lake trout. Mmmmm, goood II.

Nice color MJBo!......especially like the shot of the morel....and the deep green of the plants in the foreground....not sure what type or species the first image is but the snail sure seems to like em.....very nice images!......jonny grin.gif

Just thought I'd share a few "fungi" shots since MJBo is on the subject and certainly got me going again grin.gif(not many people seem to photograph mushrooms and the macro shots of them and is great to see the postings )...here's a few of my favorites from last summer(fall)...jonny grin.gif

amanita44.jpg

birch-mazegill.jpg

DSCF3567-1copy.jpg

DSCF3807-1copy.jpg

DSCF3733-1-1.jpg

mushroom88.jpg

Great work, Mr. Redhorse. I too love fungi, and have a fair number of images in that category from the BWCAW and nearby woods. You can do a lot with mood and drama with mushrooms and such, especially because so many species occur in shaded areas, where shadow and light can create dramatic moods.