• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A rite of spring. Took my boy fishing for the first time this year.

gspman

Took my 6 year old boy to the local lake yesterday to have our first try at fishing this year. Caught a handful of smallish sunnies and 1 crappie in about a half hour. The fun part was after he hooked the first sunnie he lets out a yell of "yeaaahhh!!!" that echoes all over the little lake. Everyone looked at him with a grin. Then after the outing was over he proceeded to trash talk me saying how he caught more and bigger fish than I did. blush.gif Yep, I've got me a real live fisherman for a son. Gotta love kids. grin.gif

Hero??? The way he trash talked me I ain't nothin'!!! I think it may have affected my self esteem. Luckily he's got his own tackle box which is stocked with plenty of hand-me-downs. The scary part is the little shyster's been not so subtly campaigning for my only ultra-lite spinning rod since last August. I don't think I'll get to use it this year. frown.gif The only time he hands it to me is when he's digging in his box for a new tube body.

My daughter is just over a year and a half, so we have to wait a little longer, but she says "fish" when i have the rod and reel out and she likes to carry it around and play with some of my tackle. i took the treble hooks off a few of my older cranks so she can play with them. good times!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You got to love it. Nothing compares to fishing with the kids when they're into it like that. smile.gif

It sure is fun when the kids are getting into them like that. I still remember vividly those outings with my kids. Everyone on the lake knows they're tearing them up. laugh.gif