• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally have pics of my new bow

Scoot

I finally got some pics of my new rig. Several of you said to quit blabbing about it and take some pics, which I finally did. The pics don't do it justice, but I'll put them up anyway.

ef8e1441.jpg

ef8e13dc.jpg

I'm really happy with it so far. Whatcha think?

P.S. I have named it "Rusty" wink.gifgrin.gif

Very nice!!!! Quick question for ya. Do you really notice much of a difference with the STS? I was thinking about getting one myself. I have heard some people say they are the greatest thing....while others say they didnt notice much difference.

Cliffy,

A couple things- yes, I really like the STS. I used to occasionally get a very small amount of wrist slap- that was completely removed by the STS. I also get less hand shock with the STS on. Not sure if you've seen the STS video that shows some of the differences it makes, but it really sold me. Putting it on the bow and shooting it further sold me too!

I know you're local- are you a member at the Lake Agassiz Bowman Archery club? If yes, feel free to set up a time to meet and I'll gladly let you check it out on your bow.

Nope, no actual rust on the bow. Just based on color. I thought about going with the name "Pherris", but decided on "Rusty" instead.

Scoot:

Thanks for the info. I have seen the STS video....very interesting. I am not currently a member of the Lake Agassiz Bowman Archery club. A couple of people have mentioned it to me....but to be honest, I am so new to this sport...that I am afraid I would really embarrass myself. I wanted to build up some shooting ability before trying to shoot in front of strangers. Yes, I am a chicken.

I have been shooting in the basement this winter and just started shooting in the back yard this spring. I have a couple of nice holes in the basement wall that confirmed my fear of possible embarrassment. frown.giffrown.gif

What are the membership fees? Also, what are the days and hours that the club is open? Is this the place in Fargo, off of Main ave?

Thanks for the info.

Cliffy.

Cliffy,

Yep, it's at 3110 Main Ave in Fargo. Membership is $175 per year and you can put in 8 hours work and get $40 off the next year's membership (not including the first year).

It's a great place. There's tons of very bright people there who really know archery. I'd suggest you get past your concerns about not knowing a lot and join somewhere so you can tap a lot of the knowledge that's out there. Might be embarassing at times (trust me, I know about what that's like), but it'll pay off in the long run.