• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I went yesterday to Echo Valley and got 5 nice Rainbows 12 to 15 inch.Hadnt trout fished in 5 or 6 yrs.Man it was fun,but the best part was they had a fish clinic for kids.I help 2 boys get 3 trout what a rush.They had a good turn out good to see boys and girls doing what I love.I look foreward to getting back into trout.Maybe try an learn how to use my fly rod.ICE JOHN

Went today got 1Brown trout and 1Rainbow about16 inch,got them on a white tube jig.Hit a hot pond 25 gills 1 channel cat.These were in southern IA.over the weekend.Pond by home 20+ gills and 3 awesome crappie13+ inch made my day.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD blush.gifPS 25 gills put back

My father-in-law and I went down by Monona and Waukon on March 25 and caught 3 browns and 2 rainbows. I caught mine on a #3 countdown rapala and he caught his on worms. I haven't gotten back down since, but am looking forward to it again, unless I go somewhere close to home after work some night I won't be doing that until the last weekend in April.

Icejon, I'm going to try and get down there between jan and march to wonder around some of the creeks for an edible trout. Maybe a bit of winter camping and fresh trout dinner over a campfire, Who knows. I need to do some scouting and reserch. It sure is fun catching these things in the creeks in the winter though.

Fishface, French Creek northeast of Waukon (my hometown) has a camping area, basically the parking lot but I have seen a number of tents there too. There are many trout streams in Allamakee and Winneshiek counties, some of my favorite creeks in winter are French, Waterloo, North and South Bear, and Trout Run. The further back you walk, the better the fishing will be on French and the Bears. Waterloo and trout run are pretty road accessable. Get an Iowa trout map (used to be free, but I haven't gotten one in a while) camp at French Creek, and you will be at most 45 minutes away from the furthest away trout stream, Trout run in Decorah. Hope this helps.....If you need more help [email protected]

PBW,

Thanks! I hope to get there asap. But that may not be 'till after jan. Do you flyfish or spin? I do both. But try the fly till it proves me wrong then head back for the spinning rod. Do you fish MN trout? Keep in touch.

emtmedfishathotmaildotcom.

Thanks again! Jim

My wife's family is from spring grove so I usually fish se mn and ne ia, when I am allowed out of Headquarters. I used to fly fish a lot, but I just haven't done it that much in the last few years. I do both, have had luck doing both, but it seems easier to spin fish, since I have lost all touch with the fly rod, I have put that away for now. Try the streams I mentioned, there used to be a campground in Dorchester along Waterloo creek as well. I would camp at French creek.....