• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Matt Johnson Panfish Seminar

Dennis Steele

Topic: Versatile Plastics for Panfish

Hosts: Matt Johnson and Tom Sawvell

When: Thursday, April 20

Time: 6:30pm

Where: Gander Mountain – Mankato, MN

Description: Matt and Tom will touch on a wide-variety of plastics that can be used to trigger and catch panfish. Learn the how, what, why, where, and when’s of panfish plastics.

They’ll cover everything from pitching large tubes for aggressive crappies to finessing monster sunfish with artificial insects.

So if you’re looking to fine tune your tactics, and learn new ways to catch more and bigger panfish, then this is an excellent opportunity.

Stop by Gander Mountain in Mankato on April 20 at 6:30pm and learn why Matt and Tom keep the live-bait at home!

Matt & Tom do an awesome job. Matt did a seminar late last winter for finesse fishing finicky panfish or something along those lines and I took soooo much away from that seminar.

I learned more about icefishing panfish in that one day than I could have learned over a month of fishing on my own. I really had to change the way I was fishing and it paid big dividends for me this winter.

Tom will crack you up as well if you've never met Tom before.

Yeah that would be cool!

Hey Juggs it was good meeting you at that debate! We will have to get out on the water sometime. I still cannot believe that guy said something can come from nothing and cars can turn into airplanes confused.gifgrin.gif

I'm all for hooking up. I'm going to give Wayzata Bait a call today and if the light is green, hit Tonka. Yeah, isn't it amazing what some people believe. Just to get around something (or Someone) that there is no getting around anyway.

I will also give another seminar at the Gander Mountain in Mankato on Tuesday, May 9 at 6:30pm. This will be another seminar dedicated to plastics, but it might cover a few other species as well...

I'm looking forward to Thursday evening. Tom and I have put together a lot of excellent points and topics that we intend to cover. We're also hoping that everyone will bring with them a bunch of questions.

We might also have a few hand-outs for those in attendance wink.gif

I would also like to invite everyone (who would like) to join-up afterwards at Applebee's for food/drink and to continue talking about fishing smile.gif

I hope to see a lot of you on Thursday!

I should be there around 6pm or so, so if anyone wants to arrive early and talk a little "more" on fishing, feel free to do so smile.gif

I'm also encouraging everyone to ask questions this evening. Also feel free to bring lake maps and we can go over some potential productive spots on some of your favorite lakes.

I'm looking forward to this evening, see everyone soon!

That was an awesome seminar and I learned so much just in the 2+/- hours of listening and visiting with Matt and Tom. Very informative, appreciate the goodies, and I just want to say that I'm glad I'm HUMAN and NOT a panfish! grin.gifgrin.gif

The notepad really came in handy tonight as my brain doesn't have the capacity to remember all the info you guys shared. smirk.gif I especially appreciated the one-on-one time afterwards and learned a lot of additional "insider" information from Matt.

I would highly recommend to anyone that has even a remote desire to fish pannies to catch their seminar first chance you get. You won't regret it!

Thanks again and maybe we'll see ya on the water! grin.gif

bc