• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please Post Kamloops Pics

Kamloops Rainbow Trout or Looper for short. Origin, Kamploops British Columbia. Introduced to Lake Superior some 25-30 years ago, since then stocking has continued on a yearly basis. Loopers enter the rivers in Spring and stay relatively close to shore much of the year which offers the Shore fisherman a fairly large window of opportunity to catch Loopers.

Not to be confused with Steelhead a wild west coast ocean run strain of Rainbow introduced to Superior at the turn of the 20th century. Steelhead also stage off the river mouths in the Spring for a short time before entering the rivers, then its back to open water for them.

Lots of people love to fish 'em.

Here are a couple of the french rvr looper pics I have. No real hogs, still good "example" shots. Notice the clipped fins:

Low 20"'s

Looper.jpg

QuickStrike Early Spring '05

IMGP0007.jpg

Spring fish on a WAY calm day

IMGP0018.jpg

Really like those environmental portraits, MuskyBug. The first two posted are ideal. Nice exposures,

good compositions. The whole nine yards. Great job. But REALLY BIG IMAGES!!!!!

I had to scroll around all over the place just to see the whole pic. Destroys the point, sort of.

A good rule of thumb is a horizontal no wider than 600-700 pixels. That way, they're still good-sized

but even folks with 15-inch screens get the whole image in one screen.

I like your second environmental portrait the best. I can just see the photographer looking

at that tackle box bulging the waders of the guy in the photo and saying, with a Mae West accent

(I'm dating myself here), "Hmm, is that a tackle box in your pants big boy, or are you just happy to see me?"

Steve thanks for the constructive critism it helps me know what to look for. i am also glad that you enjoyed them, i posted some steelhead picts in trout forum you might enjoy taking a gander at. thanks again Jonah

Jonah, no criticism of anything photographic. I think your shots are just right that way. Just a size issue.

Sheesh, with a first name like that, you ought to be posting whale-sized pics. Uh, not sure how many will

get the Biblical allusion. Oh well. Don't get swallowed up. grin.gif

Apparently there were a couple to be had in the Lester. Nice picks and great job on getting those. From what I have seen it has been a pretty tough year so far. We need to get some decent rain to push in some more fish.