• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

deer from this morning (pics included)

figured I'd take a drive this sunny sunday morning...saw an eagle(to far off) but I did manage a few deer photos..not the best as they weren't all that close(used full 22x zoom no tripod...but still fun seeing em feeding on the side of the road grin.gif.....jonny

deer99.jpg

deer66.jpg

saw these along the railroad tracks

deer98.jpg

You know , I kinda thought #3 was the best also.......not the clearest for sure but I guess just the way the photo looks overall............I'm trying to figure out the settings on the new fuji....don't think I have em down just yet.........thanks Steve.....jonny grin.gif

These deer were at the entrance of "Eveleth Taconite" by the Forbes dam (st.louis river)........

ev-tacdeer.jpg

Johnny, great pictures thanks for sharing. Have to disagree with the seeing them by the road though. The Lil Mrs just got back from visiting her dad over in WI. She counted 12 deer in 60 miles along HWY 33 which is what we take into West Bend. Trouble is they were all road kil! She said that Friday night when she went up they were very active! Seeing them is neat but not laying on the side of the road. Have a good one././Jimbo

I agree there Jimbo......they are fun to watch but not when they are on the shoulder and you're driving past em at 60 miles an hour!(all of a sudden,there they are kinda thing) shocked.gif...this year I saw tons of road kills.....more then any other year...and with this mild winter,I think there will be another "bumper crop" of deer again ... benefactors were the ravens ,crows and eagles (I might add nuthatches and chickadees)....oh and I got a few decent photos of the birds on the kills this past winter.....thanks jonny grin.gif