• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Little carp I caught last summer

p10100650ne.th.jpg

p10100661sh.th.jpg

I don't have a definite weight, all I have are measurements: 41" long 34" girth. Caught in early August, so as you can see it was spawned out. I've caught 30-35lbers pretty consistent,but this one was different in so many ways. The one time I don't have the 50lb scale this happens.

WOW!

That is what we would call a "religous fish." The guy I fish with caught 1 religous fish. Everyone that saw it said, "Jesus Christ, that's a big fish."

We have caught a couple of 30 lb fish and that fish is bigger. Makes our 20 lb fish look tiny.

I bought a scale for $5 at Bass Pro and carry it with my carp/catfish tackle. We weigh almost all our fish in the net. It's been interesting to note which fish we over estimate the weight and which we under estimate.

Did you catch that on the St Croix or Miss??

Good job.

Tom B

We've been thinking about targeting lake fish, but the problem that we have had is lake access. Some of the best lakes have little to no public land to fish from. Most access is also boat access and if it is a nice day, that can be like trying to fish in the middle of a parade route.

Congrats on the nice fish.

Tom B

According to the mepps fish calculator it should have weighted in at 53.44lbs. Just imagine If that fish had any eggs left in it (state record is 55-5). This fish was caught crappie fishing near the boat launch, and believe it or not people, this fish gave me a 2 minute battle on 6lb test with no problem. I'd say the fight was eqivelant to catching a submurged 5 gallon pail.

That fish is crazy!! What I wouldnt give. Oh, and by the way I was just on the Dnr HSOforum looking at a lake and it has the state record facts showing the carp record. Looks like the record (55 lbs. 5 oz.) went 42" long and 31" girth. Too bad about that scale thing !!! wink.gif