• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gunflint Trail

ccarlson

Thinking of heading up to the Gunflint trail later this week. Just wondering how the snowmobile trail is, particularly the upper half from Trail Center up to Sag.

I just got back from the Two Harbors area where the trails were surprisingly good for snow cover despite the warm temps (they got chewed up from being soft but still enough snow...) but I know that area of the North Shore got hit with some good snows that I don't think they got up towards the Gunflint. Any help would be appreciated on Gunflint trail conditions.

I'll post on the Duluth/BWCA/North Shore site as well.

ccarlson

Cant tell you about the Gunflint area but if you are looking closer to home the Biwabik area was most excellent this past weekend. We went up to Giants Ridge and rode the Taconite Friday nite over to McCarthy Beach State Park and back. Then Saturday we went on a real long one...Giants Ridge to I-Falls and back, (327 miles) mostly on the Arrowhead up and lakes back to Crane. We also got to experience riding in a driving thunderstorm for about 10 minutes..not real fun! The trails held up good in that area though but kinda got thin farther north of Orr. With the refreeze they might be pretty icy though and hard on hyfax. Good luck!