• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Organizing/storing finnese plastics

Gadgetman

I posted this ? on the general ice fishing forum and didnt get much for replies. How are you guys organizing these things? I would like to think that some place out there is a deal like the "bug luggage" that would help keep these little critters under control. Any ideas? This could be a " million dollar idea" for somebody like little atom. Meanwhile back at the ranch I'm trying the best I can. Help please.....

Gadget- Couple of things you may want to consider when storing them. Keep them in a semi cool space. Basement inside your house etc. Don't leave them in the garage for the summer. For obvious reasons. Next, I place most of mine in a plastic zip lock bag. The key here is to make sure they are nice and STRAIGHT . Don't just throw them into the bag carelessly. I like to keep them straight so know memory are in the tails. You will find that if your plastics are curled up they will end up spinning when you have them on your jigs. So keep them straight. Next get yourself some Anise oil and drop a couple drops in to coat your plastics. This will keep them from sticking and getting all stuck together. Hope this helps. grin.gif

I think I replied to you in the other forum but Tackle Pouches are a good way to separate and store your soft plastics. I have my Power Baits, Custom Jigs and Spins, Little Atom, and others stored in them. They come in 3 sizes to suit your needs. I recommend giving them a try.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

I use Plano Utility boxes, size 3600. Each type of plastic can be put into it's seperate compartment, and it allows you to carry a huge variety of plastics onto the ice. Throw this into your trap or in the center compartment of your Stone Legacy Revolution and your set.

Also, the small tackle box that is held by my flasher case is loaded with plastics as well!!!

Once I open a package of this hair-fine stuff it goes into a 1.5+3 zip-lock. This makes handling it easier when you need it and it allows for easier manipulation to get it to lay right too. As mentioned, more plastic of this kind are ruined by long term storage all wadded up. I also rubber-band all of the plastics made by one manufacturer together so I don't have to go on an expedition in cramped quarters and in the dark looking for that one special toy. Something else to consider with plastics....while refinements in color-bleeding have been employed by the better makers to keep the colors clean, cheaper plastics will bleed easily. Keep them seperated according to color at the very least and keep them in a dark pocket so they don't faded from UV rays.

Quote:

I use Plano Utility boxes, size 3600. Each type of plastic can be put into it's seperate compartment, and it allows you to carry a huge variety of plastics onto the ice. Throw this into your trap or in the center compartment of your Stone Legacy Revolution and your set.

Also, the small tackle box that is held by my flasher case is loaded with plastics as well!!!

Plano came out with a nice little hard sided box for these. Cost $15 or around there ..it is part of there 4x4 system and has replaced the softsided bag for me! I was having a breakage issue with the boxes itself ! I have a nice stack of broken corner boxes

I have these green explorer bags with plastic insert bags that work excellent. One bag contains all of my plastics for panfish, one is loaded with all my bass tubes and hooks, and the other contains Senko's. I have a few other bags with Gulp and other misc. plastics but this are my to go bags. Check them out they really allow you to best organize all you plastics. I am kind of anal and these keep me very very organized.