• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The way the boys made it sound, the shore was getting pretty darn wet. By this weekend, they said it migth be a 4-wheeler deal only, however I'd bet there will be a few driving vehicles out there. I've seen (and done) people drive through about 2 feet of water on top the ice around the shoreline and fish in T-shirts all day long.

Be careful and maybe give the bait shops a call before you plan on going. I heard its suppose to be very warm again today.

Grenville was still good tonight. Came off on the A&W access on the south side and that was terrible. Stay away from this one until it refreezes hard over the weekend and next week. Main ice was still good.

Remember NO is good ice.

With that being said, was just out there Saturday (3/4) for the whole day and didn't have any problems driving across the lake. That was almost a week ago and we have had some favorable spring like temps. I'd contact Sportsman's Cove in Webster to get an up-to-date on the ice conditions.

Good Luck!

Ben, The bite was good for us in the am at helwig island.

We had quite a dry spell during the afternoon but decided to wait it out and were rewarded with a late afternoon bite.

Talked with a man and his boys who got their limits on huge slab crappie, 8 perch 4 eyes. My boy and I went to clean fish after them and my boy pulled the gut bucket out from under the cleaning table to see what had been caught,WOW when that guy said huge crappie he ment it. These crappie were the biggest I had ever seen. They were all 15" plus and I know you could easily fit a silver dollar in their bucket mouths. He was fishing by Grenville in 17'. His kids were smiling from ear to ear. Anyway about the Ice! On sat getting on at schoolbus we drove on probably close to a foot of water. Out on the lake it was slushy on top for about 6-8" we scooped down to bare ice after augering and put the shack down. There was still a good 20" of good ice left buy helwig under the slush. When we were getting off we were driving in a foot of water in the ruts and when we hit school bus it looked like a pond, I didnt know if we were actually going to make it across. The water was up to my doors on my pickup, that changed my mind about coming out to find the jumbo crappie on Sunday morning. I did have a quad with me but I figured that would just be a wet ride going out to so we hung it up and went home Sun morning.

With the bite the way its going I hope the weather hold up and gets even colder and hopefully we can salvage one more weekend of hole fishing.

Hey percherman glad to hear you had some luck on saturday me and a buddy found them just to the South of you about 150 yards we continually hole hopped had our twenty pretty quick, and then called dad and borthers ended up getting out limit of 40 perch the next day wasa pretty dead but still picked up about 10 perch