• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last Ice in SE MI

You better get out quick if you're going to make it onto the ice one more time in S.E. MI. There's still safe ice in the canals from the last freeze and plenty of hot panfish action to go around. Take your spud and a buddy for safety!

I spanked limit of jumbo sized crappies on Wed. evening. After failing to get much action on live bait, I switched to an Optic Stealth and two-tone glow Little Atom Duppie Tails. The fish immediately started smok'n that combo. Whenever they slowed a bit I just put a little different color combo down... And guys, don't put away your jigs and soft plastics after ice out! They work just as well during the open water season. Try a Little Atom Noodle tail threaded on or T-boned for fast open water action, under a bobber. Remember, don'let your local tackle store put away those plastics for the season.

Also, the Nuggie will rock steelhead and acts as a great teaser/minnow keep when hooked on top of a jig and minnow combo for walleye.