• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ratsos and Optic Stealth for Crappies - Ice Fishing & Spring Tackle

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Here are some pics from the Zumbro Zinger today:

j-11&3-4crappie-030706zumbro.jpg

John with a 11 3/4" Zumbro Crappie

Caught on a Custom Jigs and Spins Ratso.

annabelle-crappie-opticstealth-030706zum

Annabelle with crappie she caught

on a Little Atom Optic Stealth Jig.

The lake Zumbro is a reservour on the Zumbro River. There is not a lot of current moving through it righ now but the crappies seem to be on the move from their normal winter haunts.

It's very likely they are roaming around prior to setting up for their spring feeding binge and slowly moving towards the slightly warmer water where there is some current flowing in.

They wanted sized down baits today like the Ratso and Eurolarva that took the bigger crappie above.

be sure to have the Go Devils - 1/8 oz and 1/16 oz. Some jigging Demons in size 4 and 6. Ratso's and Shrimpos as well as the Optic Stealth and Wolfram jigs.

All of the above baits will make excellant spring crappie and sunfish baits that you can cast or fish under a bobber.

I will be showing you fish caught on these along with some of the plastics we talked about last year.

Get a supply and get out ice fishing now and be prepared for some of the best fishing of the year coming up in April and May.

We'll fill you in on the techniques we are using as we catch fish using them.

Get out and have some fun! smile.gif

Looks like you had a little luck today at the zumbro zinger. How many crappies did you take? We were down farther on the lake, but never got a bite. That was no fun at all. I seen everybody over there, I should have stopped for a visit! Next time

Welcome To fishingMinnesota.com! We did indeed have a fun time. Not too many crappies for us, those taken by our bunch were generally smaller. Other had a good early bite on them though. We managed some sunfish, but there too nothing really huge. It was quite simply a great day to be out mixing it up with everyone.

And as you say, next time! Again, welcome to FishingMinnesota.

Tom, I read alot about all the jigs being used,Ratso's. Shrimpo's, thats what I used today with no luck. What about these other jigs, the Optic Stealth, wolframs, and go Devils. are these available at Gander Mt in Rochester? Which ones woukd you recommend?

Jim....

The Optic and Optic Stealth are from Little Atom tackle. They are small and compact, with the stealth being the shorter of the two. Size 10 and twelve in either will do you nicely.

In the Wolfram jigs, a 4mm jig is fine with the 5mm coming in on its heels. The Wolfram jigs are made from tungston and size for size are heavier than lead. These jigs drop like a rock in the water.

All of these jigs fish "fast". The drop rate is wild they are the epitome of downsizing when the fish get funky. Some of the larger retailers, Cabelas is one I think of right off, might carry these baits. I haven't seen a lot of either product floating around locally. They are available off the different web-sites they have for on-line ordering and if you click on the OutdoorProStore.com logo on any of FM's pages I believe you can order right here.

If you go back to the top of the forums page you'll find the "sponsor's showcase"....secong forum available and right under the main ice forum. Inside there you will find links available to go to the company sites or you can just use these:

littleatom.com, little atom stealth and optic stealth;

Yourbobbersdown.com, wolfram jigs.