• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Boxes

kentuck_ike

I am looking for something for the back of my truck to haul 2 dogs in, I have found a guy locally that makes nice looking aluminum 2 dog boxes for between $280 & $300, but they are not insulated. I was just wandering what everyones thoughts or ideas are? Thanks in advance for all responses.

Ike

That seem really cheap for a two dog, might be worth it to have him make it and insulate it yourself.

I built this one about 4 years ago, it still is in great shape, but I keep a good coat of stain on it yearly and keep it out of the elements when not in use. It is insulated and I keep a mixture of cedar chips and straw in for bedding, they have never been cold in there. I think I had about $225 by the time I was all done with it.

dogbox001600x4507fq.jpg

dogbox002320x2404sk.jpg

Finding a two dog kennel is really tough.

I ended up going with the "easy loader" plastic kennel ($220) but its very short for my labs. It would be great for Brittneys or Springers or something like that, but I wish it was 6" taller for the labs. They fit, but they really need to crouch. I use it because I want them to lay down and rest when they are in there anyway, but it wouldn't work for any long duration for kenneling them.

My brother has a really really nice one from NorthStar Plastics in Edgerton, MN but they are about $500+. If you can afford it, that would be the kind I'd very strongly recommend. Do a search for them and they have a good HSOforum showing their models.