• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Demons and Wolfram Jigs

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Went fishing this morning and caught 23 crappies between 10.5" & 12" all released.

It started out nicely with a double. One on a Wolfram jig and the other on a Jigging Demon.

rick-crappiesjigdemon-wolfram022306frenc

11" & 11.5" Crappies

Jigging Demon

rick-crappie12inch022306french.jpg

12" Crappie

Wolfram Jig

rick-crappiewolfram022306french.jpg

10" Crappie

Jigging Demon

rick-crappiejigdemon022306french.jpg

11" Crappie

I took these pictures myself with a cool little camera my wife Cheryl picked out. A Canon PowerShot A610. The backlighting hurt the contrast.

It was an awesome morning fishing. Spring bobber worked best but maybe it was the Jigging Demon. I sure did like the feel of my noodle rod better though along with the nice hooksets on those papermouths.

Get out and fish. The best is coming.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Actually I finally got a camera that works smile.gif

Always been a pannie diehard. Actually anyfish that bites diehard cool.gif

Here's a 12.5" Crappie caught on a gold jigging Demon. I caught a few on the Wolfram jig and the Little Atom Optic Stealth as well.

rick-crappie12half-jigdemon022506fr.jpg

12.5" Crappie CJ&S Jigging Demon

No doubt those Jigging Demons in the 1/16oz size are great on the crappies. Don't rule out the 1/8oz size either. I've caught many a crappie on 1/8oz jigging spoons tipped with a minnow head.

I absolutely love jigging spoons and had the chance to fish the larger 1/8oz Jigging Demon from Custom Jigs & Spins up on the Horseshoe Chain last Saturday for the Cool Cats 2006 Get-Together.

The Channel Catfish on the Horseshoe Chain are partial to Glow Red and the 1/8oz sized Jigging Demon allows you to get your bait down to the fish in a hurry. The channel cats don't sit in one spot too long and when you find them on your locator, you need to get your bait down quickly.

On Saturday morning, this nice Horseshoe Chain Channel Catfish along with many others fell victim to the Glow Red Jigging Demon by Custom Jigs & Spins. I was fishing the Jigging Demon Spoon tipped with a minnow head.

jiggingdemoncat1gj.jpg

And much to my surprise, this nice 19" walleye also liked the looks of the Jigging Demon.

jiggingdemonwalleye8fb.jpg

I didn't catch any crappies on Saturday, but there is usually a nice crappie or two that can be picked up as well using the same techniques while fishing channel cats on Horseshoe.

Hanson,

I'll second the glow-red demon jigging spoon. Bought my first one Friday and used it Saturday morning and did very well on the crappies. Tipped it with a whole minnow at first, which caught fish, but missed a few too. Switched to tipping it with a couple euros and that really triggered the crappies into biting, plus my catch rate increased greatly too. I too like that it gets back down the hole fast. Very effective lure for fishing fast and getting attention. This will likely become my go-to jigging presentation that I'll use along side my dead-stick. I just love those Custom Jigs & Spins products!

k-dawg....

Those are St.Croix springs. You can maybe find some replacement springs at larger stores like Cabelas, but I was just looking and the things were tough unless you went to their HSOforum.

A very similar spring can be found at YourBobbersDown.com, a site sponsor as well. Go to the front page and click on menu where spring bobbers are listed and take a look at the #2 when the pics come up. These are very close in design and are what I am going to be looking at real soon. These springs come with the required mounting hardware whereas the St.Crois does not, it is simply a replacement spring.