• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IffWalleyes

Jason,

Im thinking about taking the journey to the Jamestown Resv, possibly Saturday with a buddy. Can you put us on some fish. I like to catch pretty much anything.

Also hows the ice conditions over that way? Are people driving out there.

Like I say I've never been there. I'd really like to get some information, maps, what kind of jigs, bait...

I'd appreciate anything you can share with me.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks man

Well Jamestown has been very slow this winter. I would have to say that it probably has be the poorest fishing out there this year in probably the last 5 years. But I will say this I haven't been out there since the 22nd of Jan as work has kept me out of town. When I have been in town I have been working on my house.

The Game and Fish have some great maps out there that can help in your search.

http://gf.nd.gov/fishing/lakedata.html

Also if you look at the ND get together thread that we had going I have some maps and directions to some of the spots that I typically head to although there are more out there.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=684603&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1

Also I have heard that Pipestem was producing some crappies on the West end. However I haven't fished here to confirm that. As far as driving last time out Jamestown had 14 to 15" of ice and I have been driving on it with my pick up since after christmas. Pipestem I am not sure of the ice conditions.

As far as jigs I would have some Jigging spoons along Green seems to be a good color this year but in the past Pink and White and Glow Red have also been good. Sometimes Jigging raps will work usually I use these with a dropper hook setup. I also always have my one jigging line and then some set lines with just plain gold or red hooks on them. Often this is the best setup to run. Also if you have any Chubby Darters they can be good producers as well. I usually use gold and orange or the Glow and Orange.

Hopefully this helps you out. If you get out there let me know how you do. I would met up with you and fish but I am tied up all weekend so I won't be out there.

Jason,

Well we made it out to Jamestown and fished the Resv for a good 5 hours and then decided to head back to Fargo and try Casselton on the way back. We only caught 2 perch the whole day and that was at Jamestown. One Monster perch that went 12 inches, I got him on a silver buckshot with a minnow tail. Had alot of show up on the vex but they wouldnt bite. Water was very murky too. On one of those maps you sent we picked Number 1 (Smokies). There were some people out there but it sounds like they weren't getting anything either.

Anyway it was a good experience to try Jamestown. Im heading out this morning to the Minnesota side over by Detroit Lakes. I've had alot of good panfish action that way.

Thanks again for the information you wrote me. It helped. Same with directions. w/o them we would have been lost.

PS I will send you a pic of those perch once I get them off my camera.

It has been a wierd year on Jamestown (well, just about anywhere actually) this year... all the usual spots that produce aren't, and it's getting to be hard to find any fish...

Glad to hear you had a good time... hopefully it'll be better out there soon...

marine_man