• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can anyone give me any info on a slough that is about 5 miles south of 212 off of the east side of highway 25? You can just see a little part of it from the hwy. I have been seeing quite a few trucks, parked on a oneway in, oneway out, so I am thinking they are all locals. No shacks that I could see. Drove in, looks like only private access.

Can anyone help? I'm in the mood to ice some perch!!

I will plan on sniffing around next thurs morning on my way up north. Hopefully no one is fishing the slough and that will cure my curiosity for a while. I am going to be shaking like a dog [PoorWordUsage]in razer blades all weekend without fishing. Well you all catch em this weekend and hopefully the weather will cooperate and stay steady for a few days. Then you can give me a hint were your gettin em.

Wish I was fishing!!!

Maynard's has perch and walleyes in it. Usually the far west end isn't very good since it's about 8 feet shallower than the east basin. I haven't heard a good report from it yet this year, but I know a few people have been fishing it in the last month.

It is further north of the curve by about 5 miles but a few before you make the jog over on 212. You can just see it from hyw 25. It only has one access to it, a approach that is just a dirt path with fence on either side. I had never seen any one fish that body of water EVER.

Until last week end. It only had 4 trucks and probably 8-10 fisherman on the water. all foot traffic.

Maynard's is 4 miles south of 212 on 25, there is a curve there where hwy 25 goes around the western end of maynard's. Take a look at the map on topozone.com, you should see the one I'm talking about.

Thanks Eyes that was helfull. If you go further north just one mile from the curve, look at the small slough on the east side, back off the hyw a quarter section is where I seen them fishing. Well I am sure this place doesn't have a name but it might hold some fish, might be worth poking around and asking anyway.