• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cloudy day pictures of feathered friends

I went down to Tom & Hobby's spot over lunch today and was able to get a few pics.

I like this one.

Mallard beauty with snowy background2.JP

The Angel on the lake.

Angel wannabe2.JPG

Windmaker. ISO 400 in low light made for a kinda neat wing tip blur.

wind maker2.JPG

Full frame side shot.

Drake full frame sideshot2.JPG

Great first post Lablover! Thanks and I'm certain you'll like alot of what you see here.... Tom Hobby, Catfish, Jonny, Bullyfish and Cheryl as well as many others do a good job of adding photo's as well as helpful information under the photo and/or Birding threads. grin.gif

P.S. Blaze shoots Nikon now too. tongue.gif

LL47,

Nice to have another new camera buff on the site. Can't wait to see some images. BTW, Buzz is shooting those with a Nikon D50 plus various lenses. I believe most of the posters here are shooting Nikon including myself. Catfish shoots with Canon gear and he is a fine representative for their equipment. Jonny R If I remember is shooting with a fuji digital. Good to have you here.

Tom W

Well, privately I'm still a film user, and I'm starting to feel pretty old-fashioned about it! My camera is an old Minolta X-700. However, I'm also a newspaper reporter/photographer, and use a digital for that--so I definitely see the advantages. (Also far less chance of shooting a whole story, going home, and THEN discovering there was no film in the camera. Oh yes; I've done it.)Anyway, I'm new to this site, obviously, and haven't quite figured it out. I was surprised to see things on here besides fishing, so I must have missed something in the intitial perusal. Everyone sounds friendly and fun, and I think I'm going to like it here.

Hey ll,

I'm also a newspaper slob. Fourteen years in dailies and weeklies, and I edit the Ely Timberjay newspaper now. You should have a lot of fun on this site. We are all learning as we go. Some days we teach, some days we learn. The luckiest days are when we can do both. grin.gif