• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I fished both lakota and alvin today. Never caught a fish at lakota in 4 hours. Moved 3 times. Fished from 7am till 11am. Marked a bunch of fish. I had like 3 little bites.

Went to alvin for 4 hours and caught 4 bluegills and a 4lb carp. The carp was hook in the lips too. Put up a good fight. Marked fish but I had a hard time making them bite.

Carp are a blast through the ice huh. I caught a 2lb carp on lake andes a couple years ago . I have been to lakota 3 times with the same results as you. I saw fish each trip but found no biters. I have had pretty much the same luck everywhere I go , I must be jinxed.

my best luck at Alvin has been with wax worms. Evening bite doesnt start until after 4:15pm or so, need to fish with a small jig, and put it right on the bottom. Lots of little fish, and alot of action but often nothing to size, sure beats not catching anything.

Fished Alvin Last night from 4:30 to shortly after 6 or so. What a perfect day to be on the ice, or lack of ice. It was little tricky on some of spots close to shore, but once away from shore ice was fine. So be sure to use some caution getting on and exiting the lakes.

As for the fishing I caught 4 blue gills, all on wax worms and were extremely light biters. Not bad for short time out. Only 2 other guys on the lake, didnt ask how they did.

fished Alvin today from 3pm to about 7pm or so, caught 6 bullheads....(yuck), 1 crappie, and 1 blue gill. Didnt catch a fish all day until 6pm or so.

Fished on the north end of the lake using waxies.

There was quite a bit of traffic today lots of people fishing the south east part of the lake late evening, and alot of people fishing the far western part of the lake all afternoon. I didnt get a chance to ask how any of them did.

Ice was pretty good 12" everywhere I drilled.