• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

short notice!!!!

Tom Wilson

To all,

Earlier this winter I asked if anyone would like to get together and meet up for a morning of photo fun. There seemed to be some interest and I said I would notify everyone when conditions were right--Well, they couldn't be much more right. I would love to have given more notice than this, but due to my schedule I could not. Saturday morning is looking beautiful. 30+ degrees and bright sunshine are forecasted. Besides that, the number of birds at my favorite little spot have been outstanding as of lately. Tons of Mallards and geese, Trumpeter Swans, gadwalls, black ducks, Goldeneyes, Coots, Green Wing Teal, and Mike reported a Wigeon today. There have also been Red Tailed hawks, Bald Eagles, and Many species of songbirds including Chickadees, Sparrows, Blue Jays, Cardinals, and even a Kingfisher. I wish I could provide more of a notice, but for those of you who have come to know me, I am there alot, and I will try to arrange something else later with more notice. I will be there Saturday morning and early afternoon. I will probably arrive at around 8:30am and stay till around 1:00pm. I encourage you all to stop by and say Hey, and check out what a wonderful birding spot this is. If you have a camera bring it. I am not an expert as I have stated before, but I am more than willing to talk and answer any questions that I can answer.

The pond is located to the east side of Dangerfields restaurant in Shakopee. It is within a large park system there.(no stamps or passes needed) From 169 take Marschall road north until it dead ends into ??? (I think its 101) You truly can't miss it because it dead ends. If you do miss it...well never mind... Take a right--Dangerfields will then be on your left as your heading east and you will pass the pond on the east side of Dangerfields, go across the bridge and then take your next left... You're there. It is also accessible from any other way you might know as well. It is on the same road and same side as Valleyfair about three miles to the west of Valleyfair.

If you can make it, Please come. This spot is gorgeous and the amount of birds that have been there lately is unbelievable. Bring some bread with you if you want to see some of the ducks up close and personal. By the way...kids love feeding ducks. I look forward to meeting any of you that can come. Buzz, Hobby, it would be cool for sure, if you guys could make it.

Tom W

Tom, I sent you and Bill an e-mail yesterday asking about this weekend. I'm a go, I'm certain to join you at the duck pond for a little while but I also intend on heading over to photo the Barred Owl and go to Fort Snelling State Park, The MN river Valley and possibly the airport since those Snowy's are still around. It's nice because all of these places are within 10-15 minutes of each other. grin.gif