• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

used sportsman 500

merganser

I am looking at a 97 sportsman 500. It seems to be in reasonable condition. I know the history of the machine as a buddy of mine owns it. Just wondering what I should expect to pay for the beast. He told me what he wants but I want some outside opinions on what I should pay or offer him. It doesn't hava a winch or anything special, just a stock machine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey, thanks for the quick response. I guess he did his homework too. He said he could get 2500 for trade in and would sell it to me for 2000. He has three other wheelers and takes pretty good care of them. Is there anything I should watch out for as far as the sportsman goes? I can't realy afford it right now but I don't know if I can afford to pass it up either.

I'm wondering what jt means by take into account it's a Polaris. I hope he means it's a good brand of ATV.

I'v had tires go flat on my new one but that doesn't mean it's not any good. If you know the guy and you are realy thinking of buying it why not ask him it you can ride it for a while? you can tell a lot of times after runing it for awile.