• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

There are Perch everywhere but they have lockjaw a lot of the time. I was there yesterday and got 1 Perch and 1 Walleye. I didn't move around and the people that I talked to said they were seeing them come through constantly on the camera. The Perch wouldn't even slow down to look at their bait. These people were running all over the lake and not catching any fish. I hope it will get better later in the season. frown.gif

the best report for the area usually comes from Sportsmans Cove out of Webster. Give them a call. My buddy hauled his monster wheel house out in the middle of Waubay with wheeler last week. I've been hearing 9-12" in most spots.

Dakota Iceman, I've been using my wheeler on Waubay. I know there is safe ice for that or a snowmobile. People are driving on the ice with pickups too, but I wouldn't trust it. There is always that thin spot waiting somewhere. There has to be 14" in places,

I just got back from a few days of fishing Waubay. We did a bunch of searching and the fish we found were not schooled up, they were moving in singles. The Perch were very tight mouthed and we kept going lighter with jigs and finally used small minnows on a plain hook under a bobber. The Walleyes were surprisingly aggressive when we found them. I had one come up five feet on the Vex as I was letting a jig down, and he slammed it.

The ice is very chancy. There is snow and slush on top, snow frozen into the ice, and snow underneath the ice. I had to stir the water under the holes with a fish house rod and scoop the snow before I could get a line down in some places.I've never seen that before. To all the guys driving trucks out there,"ARE YOU NUTS??" I don't think there will be really safe driving-on ice all winter.

I just got back from there this morning. I caught my limit all 3 days. Thurs and Friday they wanted waxies and Sat. they were more aggressive and wanted whole minnows. The ice is more like frozen snow, but fine for atvs. stay away from the crowd and work at them. It might take all day but if you work at it you can catch a limit of real nice sized ones. I went out of the north side.I agree that the people driving trucks on that ice, just might be a little nuts.