• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Lake

CNY Tim,

Wizard tried to get on Silver yesterday in the afternoon, but our north east end access was posted all over, with threats to tow vehicles frown.gif. [PoorWordUsage]ed me off...later the Wizard heard from his buddy that the property owner got [PoorWordUsage]ed off last year because of all the jerks leaving used propane containers, beer cans, etc all over his property.

Couldn't get on the west side entrance at the CC because of bad ice/open water.

So, the Wizard and I made the hike to Cuba Lake. See the Cuba Lake thread for a report.

Timmy,

I hope that the fish are biting...

Getting on Silver tomorrow at dawn....so far me, Wizard, Hali-man, WNYBassman, and the Oak are going to be there at some point.

The LX-5 is sitting pretty in a nice warm spot at my house in preparation for a full day's work ahead. grin.gif

I will post a report on how we did later!

Just got back from Silver Lake and the WIND...

Post cold front condtions made for a tough bite all day. Got there around 7:30am and fished until 2pm or so.

WNYBassman, Haliman and the Wizard all made it out there, too.

I ended up with 12 keeper perch all over 10", WNYBassman had 10, the Wizard had 3 (he left early) and Hali-man got skunked. So, what do we do? Give our catch to Hali-man so he and his girl can have a nice fry together and then some.

I ended up with three hogs in my bucket at the 12 inch mark. Had to really work the fish to bite.

We all fished off the CC in around 34 FOW and never moved. Ice was 8 inches with a good 10-11 inches of snow on top from yesterday's storm. Pulling was tough.

I wanted to again thank WNYBassman for his homemade, 100% pure Maple Syrup that he gave me, and to the Wizard for the Elk sausage and jerky that went really well with the cold one that I had on the ice;) grin.gifgrin.gif

Way to go partner when the bite is tough your my ace in the hole. wink.gif Your right about the wind whipping it was blowing hard just leaving work to the van. Just got my rods all squared away for Lake Z. I have had these JB Lure Gem-N-Eyes sitting here all winter and I rigged a couple up to see if the slabs like em along with the Glitter Glows and Big Maxes. Got my load of makiplastics I will be trying, ReelEmIn said they were fantastic on crappie cool.gif

Meeting Tuzzy and Frank for breakfast at 0530 a.m. military time. I wish you were with us partner. frown.gifJust got off the phone with Tank they decided to scratch Canadarago tomorrow because of the winds plus they got a healthy 9" of snow down there. John I have only one question.... Did Polly want a cracker?

Yeep, polly wanted a cracker but also polly wanted some gold, too!

I marked a ton of fish, but one out of twenty actually hit. Even tried to spoon them in but that just scared them away.

Silver Lake is one tough lake to fish for perch, Timmy knows about that after his first visit last year blush.gif