• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st time buyer

fish4ever1000

Looking to buy a sled for the first time. Just wondering what people's thoughts were on the make/model I'm thinking of buying. As a beginner, I'm thinking of an '06 polaris 550 supersport since it's relatively economical and I don't need the power/speed so much. Sled will mostly be used to ride trails and ice fish with.

Fish, I'm a Ski-Doo guy, but truthfully it's almost impossible to buy a bad sled these days. Back in the day, it was ride all day and then work on your sled all night. Now, it's typical to go seasons without problems.This includes all makes. Look at them all; ride the ones you can and then buy the one you like best. If well cared for, any new sled should last many years. The Polaris you mentioned looks to be well suited to your needs. The Edge chassis is not the latest technology but neither are the ZX chassis in my Ski-Doos. I've been snowmobiling for 35 years and have ridden a bunch of sleds. Don't let anyone tell you at Brand X or Y is dump. Buy that Polaris and welcome to the party. You'll have a blast.