• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

waubay ice reports????

The word is.. a truck drove across the South end last weekend. Chances are, there will be traffic all over it this weekend. You'll have no worries by new years for walkinng or 4 wheeling, but if your driving, I'd follow somebody elses tracks until you've tested the ice thickness.

I'd just stay off with any truck or large vehicles. It's not even Jan yet. I think that the ice is going to be iffy all year. It's just been a funny year for making ice. I'd wait a while before driving on it. If you are not capable of walking, I'd suggest finding someone with a snowmobile or 4 wheeler for the next couple weeks.

Ty

I agree with aquafang. I didn't mean to make it sound like the ice is safe. I'd play it safe, but chances are you will see traffic on the ice.

aquafang.. Richmond has 9" of solid ice and there are vehicles driving most areas of it. I even heard my first good report from it. Have you partaken in any action out there yet?

The MASTOOORRRREEE of disaster, of course.

I am glad to hear from you.

I now know you did not go swimming last night as your wife was worried when you would not answer your phone. I thought it was a repeat from two years ago.

At least fish houses float, huh?

Hey Tyler, I have fished Richmond 2 times this year and did ok, the fish are pretty lock jawed yet but hopefully they will start soon. Nice gills and crappies if yah can get them to bite, they fill the screen up on the camera but not many takers!!! confused.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

Wondering about drive on conditions on any lakes. I would love to drive out my Jeep and 14 foot ice house this weekend on waubay. Does anyone have recommendations or ideas on if it will be possible and/or where it will be possible. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

I fished Waubay three days last week and there were pickups on the ice. Where I fished the ice was about 12 inches. It is milky ice with about 8 inches of slush under it. If you call 605 345 2468 a fishing report will come on the line. I know the Sportsmans Cove doesn't recommend driving on it yet. We have had a week and a half of thirty to forty degree weather here now also. Not worth taking a swim for a few fish.