• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'73 SKIDOO fuel/oil ratio?

SLAYERFISH

My brother and I have been running 50:1 in all our oldies with no problems.

We were told that gas and oil is much better today than it was back then, so they don't have to be as rich.

Those early 70s engines were also designed to run on leaded gas. Remember that?

50:1 should be fine but you could mix it richer if you want.

I also wouldn't be a afraid to run a synthetic oil either such as Klotz or Amsoil.

My new 76 Arctic Cat Pantera.. grin.gif.. has a sticker that calls for 20-1....thats a bit rich for trolling around on frozen lakes so this tank is mixed at 30-1, I may try 40-1.

Older Polaris's called for 40-1.....

50-1 sounds a little lean to me but it should work.

All this talk about mixing my auger gas with Amsoil at 100:1 may have got me a little off base.

I believe 20:1 was the recommended mixture. I can dig out my old Sno-Jet owners manuals to verify.

I do believe that with the modern oils, mixing it a little leaner than 20:1 should be workable though.

Quote:

Where did you get the pantera from? I love those things man they rip!!! I seen one in courtland but when I called on it it was gone
frown.gif

Yep that's the one.....Sorry....it runs great and yes it does Rip, it's a 500 and it weighs nothing, amazingly clean machine you saw the track and cleats 1200 actuall miles but it sat outside for many years, I fixed the seat with black ductape put the windshield on today tomorrows the tow hitch, it's a cool little sled I'll post a pic when she's done.

The best part is it's put me on fish already... wink.gif