• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just curious what the walleye ice bite was like out on this lake, seems like the closest option to fish to my college so was just curious if there were any patterns to try to maybe catch a couple... Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

I've fished it many times over the years and have never figured anything out there. In the spring I do my best wading out on the swimming beach casting a jig and minnow. I quit trying to ice fish there about 15yrs ago. If you find out the secret you can share it with us!

Oh really?? Thanks alot maybe if i get a chance i'll run to one of those lakes instead... I will for sure post my results if i get out to Vermillion though, let u know where i was and if i could figure anything out... Thanks again!

I would be very careful as the ice was very soft on the Lakes I check out on Saturday. Check out my Thin ice post.

I have had pretty good luck on Brant for walleyes in the past. The bite ussually starts around 4pm till after dark. Glow in the dark lures have worked well for me.