• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I only wish I had time to be out fishing. Things will be slowing down this week and I will have more time to get out.

I was on Dry Lake Sunday moring for a couple hours and all I can say is BE CAREFUL. As Rick put in another post there is 4" of frozen slush on top 1/2" of water and then 2" of ice. Ice thickness was not consistant either. I thought I was going swimming when I drilled through an inch and a half of ice.

Rumor has it people are driving on Lake Whitewood and Lake Thompson! I'm not so sure 8" of ice is enough to drive a pickup on. I will be walking for a while yet.

The fish are biting on all of the area lakes so pick one and give it a try and post your success. I will be crawling around on one of the area lakes this weekend.

Has anyone been out?

Good Luck to all that will be out this weekend.

mw

I saw the "Happy Hooker" leaving town this morning to pull a vehicle out of the drink. For those of you that don't know the happy hooker is the tow truck they use to pull cars out form the lake.

he was heading west so my guess Thompson or Whitewood was the destination.

Pease don't drive on the lakes yet. They are just not ready.

mw

I think it will be quite a while before the ice will be safe enough to drive on. This weekend at Thompson just west of the old boat ramp there seem to be a lot of slushy spots on top of the ice. Where I fished the ice was about 7in. thick, but it didn't really seem like good solid hard ice. There was also slush under the ice after drilling your holes.