• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snow tracks

Here's one the hunters missed. Fell to my camera an hour ago or so, about five miles outside Ely. With a week of muzzleloader left and some bow season remaining, he's up for grabs. Looks pretty beaten up by the rut, but he's still in there!

webdeer.jpg

Thanks, Tom. It's almost full frame. I was shooting RAW, of course, so I can easily get a 13x19 out of it.

I was driving along, luckily with my eyes open, when he crossed the road and went into some trees between the road and a power line cut. He let me stalk to within 30 yards, about, and from upwind! He clearly was bent on getting fed, but if I'd have had a muzzleloader and an all-season license instead of a camera, he'd probably be on his way to the processor right now (lots of burger and sausage from that old boot, I'll bet.)

Here's No. 2 of the same guy. I posted both these on this same forum in the deer hunting photo contest thread, too, so folks grooving to that thread would see them.

This guy has a cataract in his right eye, which is easy to see when I'm processing the images but hard to see on this particular small image. Tough fellow. It's going to be a hard winter for the old one, but then, I'll bet he's passed on his dominant genes a number of times! grin.gif

bucktight.jpg

My heart was beating as fast as it ever has. No different than being up in the bow stand when a bruiser comes in. I steadied down for the stalk and the shot, and when I got back to the truck I started shaking like a leaf. Post-traumatic-shutter syndrome! grin.gif