• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kennel near Osakis MN

natebuddy

I have a friend that is looking for a pointing Lab. I think I remember a post a while back about a kennel near Osakis that had pointing labs. If someone could give me a name of that kennel I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Nate

The kennel is Sauk River Labs. David and Jane Mork are the owners. Do a yahoo search and one of their pages should come up right at the top. They run an excellent operation there. I have a lab from them out of the two dogs on their front page, Jake and Magic. I could not have asked for a better dog, and the training that my lab went through with them was excellent as well.

-Hossienda

I would give Sauk River a big two thumbs up. I have had David do training on my female lab and we just bought a pup out of JakeXMagic this past summer. He is an awesome little guy. I cannot get train him fast enough. Everything we work on he picks up in just a couple attempts.

Hossienda,

Do you have a pup out of their first breeding? F or M? How did the pup do this fall?

Bushwacker,

I believe my pup was out of the first litter from Jake X Magic. I have a black female that will be 2 in March. I feel that she has done really well. I had David train her and she has been wonderful this fall. She has an incredible nose and a bird drive that does not quit. On top of all that, she is a great family dog too.

-Hossienda

Quote:

marty,

How is your pup doing? Mine is doing great except she is teething like crazy.

Joe,

So Franky's not the only one. He is doing awesome. He is really just fun to have around and has not been any trouble at all until last week. Holy cow, I can't let him out of my site at all. He informed me of his new chewing habit by chewing the carpet off of one of my steps going down to the basement while I was out shoveling for 10 minutes. Up until then, I could give him and my older lab run of the house when my wife and I weren't around. Not anymore. I took him out hunting one time so far and he locked up in a beautiful point on a rooster on public land. I flushed the bird up and he retrieved it right back to my hand. I was so happy I was jumping up and down and yelling. I didn't expect to even shoot because I wasn't going to shoot at a flushed bird. I ended up seeing a point, seeing a retrieve, and finding out he wasn't gunshy at all, all at the same time. The problem is, now he is so hyped up everytime he sees my hunting close that he cries when I lock him up and take my 2 year old lab hunting. I think he should be at the top of his game by next fall. I am very happy with him so far, aside from the carpet anyway.

Marty,

Good to hear your pup is doing well. I need to get my pup on some birds desperately. She is doing really well on the basics though, sit, heel, whistle sit and whistle here. She has huge desire which is nice.

The only problem I have is she is the most sensitive dog I've ever had. My other lab is not sensitive at all. I look at this one the wrong way and she pouts for an hour.

Joe,

The thing with my little guy is that he is so dependent on me. If he can just be in the same room as me he is happy, but if not, he is not happy grin.gif He likes when my wife, our other dog Libby, and me are all together, otherwise he paces around and never relaxes. If we are all together, he will just lay down and hang out for hours. My wife thinks that is "cute", but I think it is a little annoying.

My 2 year old female is sensative like yours, but it actually makes hunting and training easier once you get the basics down. She knows what I am going to say even before I say it because of my body language. I just found with mine that when we would have a bad session that we should end it immediately instead of just getting more upset. It always seemed to get corrected the next session anyway.