• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big buddy

Dano2

Anyone buy one yet this year? I returned mine last year because of the problems they had, and was assuming they would be fixed now, because i would like to get another.

Other question is, do I REALLY need the BIG buddy, compared to the smaller one, when used in a Frabil Ice cruiser 200 portable. Wouldn't mind the extra heat advantage, but I like to conserve space as well, if the little buddy will put out a sufficient amount of heat for that portable.

thanks

The little buddy won't keep up if its cold and windy, I use a little buddy when its not so bad and a heater/cooker when its nasty. My son bought a big buddy last year and returned it so I don't know how it would be when really cold. We havn't had much snow the last 3 yrs here but when your able to bank your portable with snow a little buddy works pretty good.

The new up-dated big buddies are on the shelves. Any where from 99.99 to 119.99. The little buddy is a great unit but when the wind comes up and the temp is around zero my little buddy just can't keep my otter 2 warm enough. I did have the big buddy for a month last year before returning it and it definetly is a much nicer unit and able to keep my portable toasty, even below zero with a breeze. I just picked up the new unit last night at scheels in Fargo. They had several and were matching Reed's price of 99.99 if you had a copy of Reed's web catalog. Also got really lucky and found a Marcum lxi hand held with the case for 89.99.

I sense a trend here with last years model of the Big Buddy. I ALSO returned one after using it for a short amount of time. I'm interested on how this years new model works. Hauling the LP tank around is getting old. Keep us posted...

Pickle

depends on wich big buddy you have... I have what they call the tough buddy and mine is yellow with a much heavy duty grate across the front....other than that it is identical to the grey and red ones. Check my previous post last week about the soft side case that cabelas is making for them!! Iceman out>