• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

94 Polaris XLT

LOTWKIng

Just need some troubleshooting help. The sled is my uncles and hes one of those that doesn't believe in maintinance. Im left working on it if i want to use it (his main sled is a 97 cat). The machine is very stuborn to start. I cant get it goin unless i use some starting fliud. Once its goin it runs great(suprisingly). Im just wonderin if any of you guys have any tips/ ideas to help. By the way ive already managed to change the plugs on it with little results. Thanks

I have a 91 Indy. I have a similar problem. It is hard to start and sometimes I need to prime it in order to start. Especially if it has not snowed in a while. Do you have a 2 position choke? Mine does and I did not know it at first. Once someone pointed it out to me, it helped a lot. Once it does start it runs just fine. I have done a good job of maintaining it so it think some of the problems I do have goes with owning an older sled. If you can use the sled all you want, you may want to take it in if you know of a shop that won't rip you off. They are out there. Good Luck!

Yep, Hanson has the best advice on where to start. Take the carbs completely apart and clean them good and then reassemble them and reinstall them and see if its different. It probably will be, and even if it isn't, that's just good maintenance that should be done anyway.