• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where you boys gonna start this year and when?

Just wondering where and when you guys are gonna hit the ice. Obviously I know someone is gonna say, "wherever it freezes first." I'm excited every time the car frosts over because I know the hard water is coming soon. I hope Jefferson freezes quickly and I can access a couple of times before the road gets snowed in.

Well boys,

I'm headed out tonight for some deer hunting. And I told my son to throw in a couple of ice rods and a few lures. I've always got ice on the brain. We are headed up north of Glenwood Springs, up to a little lake named Sweetwater lake. We are hunting but if its frozen just a few inches I have to try. I also like those bragging rites! Good luck to all. cool.gif

Good to see some hard water people on line. My first thoughts of ice fishing lakes would be The Black Lakes, Cottonwood and Jefferson. Thanksgiving Day will find Sir Fish Alot and myself at either Dillon or Georgetown or both. With Diesel the price that it is, Lake John or Stagecoach would probably be a two day trip.

Has anyone heard about Antero? I talked to someone who talked to someone who thought that Antero was close to being full. That would be sweet!

Dan, I'm thinking about getting the Fish Trap Guide for my wife and I. What does the Otter line of tents have that is comprable?

Good Luck to all! <'((<

Lucky - The Black Lakes, there are 2 of them, are just West of Vail Pass and on the South side of I-70. There is a service road that you can park on and then you can either walk down to the lakes or drive your snomobile to them. The fish are decent and at that elevation they are an early freeze.

Dan - I used to have an Otter Den, I think that's what it was. It seems to me that it was a little heavy and it seemed to want to pitch forward when I would sit in it because the sled was a little bit higher. I gave it to Sir Fish Alot and he doesn't seem to have as much trouble with it pitching forward. It might have something to do with me weighing 40 more lbs. than him. The Fork has alot more water in it this year than in the past, just maybe 3 rocks will not be out of the water this year. Let's hope. <'((<

Lucky, have you been out?

Turned on my son (14) to deer/elk and duck/goose hunting and now he eat's and sleep's hunting. soooo not sure when i can hit the ice. He has all these hunting idea's.

Probably hit Terryall or hold out for Eleven mile to freeze over. How about you? Heading more northwest? cool.gif

Mik:

I am chomping at the bit to get out. I am thinking of trying Deweese soon. I need to get a report. I was able to fish it by the Dec 10 last year. Enjoy the hunting with the boy.

Hey guy's,

I'm ready for another season on the ice to start. I plan on spending the week at Granby starting January 2nd. I talked to a friend who has a home near Sunset Point and he said there are ice fisherman out on the lake fishing. He said the middle of the lake doesn't look safe and that he hasn't seen anyone venture out across the middle yet. I hope another week of cold temps at night are enough to get 6 to 10 inches of hard ice over most of the lake. I'll let everyone know how the fishing is when I return.

Chewy