• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Worms... Help

fishin58

frown.gifI was looking at my dog and noticed all these white things around her butt. We cleaned them off, and this morning she had a couple new ones. They are white and slimy, what can I do to get rid of these. Do they have anything, like at fleet farm or does a vet need to give her some kind of shot. I am hoping their is some kind of pill. Also I have another dog, he does not have any on the outside could he have them though.

The next time you see a worm on the outside put one in a plastic bag and bring it to the vet so they can identify it and prescribe the appropriate treatment. My guess is tapeworm. Yes, your other dog could have them.

If one has tapeworms they can spread them. If they are tapeworms, a trip to the vet is fairly small $$$. Not long ago my GSP got them and it only cost me like 30 bucks for the whole thing.

Side note- My GSP got them from killing then chewing on a possum. Nasty little critters those possums are.