• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last Years Smells

hawghunter

I have some leftovers and I’m kind of hesitant to use them. Do you throw your last year’s scents and buy new every year?

Have you had any bad experiences using scents or do you think it’s ever made the difference in your hunts?

If so, what’s you bread and butter setup? Trail drag, scent wicks, …….?

How about the cover scents, do you use them, or are you taking the scent free approach?

Stay Calm!

Pick a Spot

If I have any leftover scents from previous years I've never hesitated to use them. I've never noticed they drove deer away. I used to use cover scents about half the time. I rarely do anymore, I think the deer started to make the connection if I hunted the same stand very much.

I hang wicks mostly. I've used a drag rags at times, although not often, & never had a deer trail me in on them yet. I have learned not to put scent directly on my boots while bowhunting though, that cost me a deer once. During gun season, it's not a problem, the deer can be looking at you when you shoot it...