• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Creek,Saylorville, Badger Creek

I was going to try and get out and do a little fishing next weekend, 29 & 30 of Oct and I was wondering if anyone has done any good on Big Creek, Saylorville, or Badger Creek lately. I was going to go today, Sunday, but the weather was just to unstable and I didn't think it would be a good trip. I am fishing with 3 boys under 11, so we are just looking for some action from any type of fish. Thanks for any tips or ideas. Tight lines.

This monster cold front seems to have shut most things down right now, but before this week I did hear of a few things. Saylorville has been pretty slow to dead, other than the spillway. Last week during the middle of the week the whites and wipers were going well below the spillway, but the "bucket brigade" has found out and taking every fish they catch out by the bucketfull....grrrrr. Badger is starting to get rid of its algae and turning up a few more fish, but havent heard of any real hot bites. I have done well on Big Creek for gills and crappies are going pretty well out there right now. Deeper structure and jigging has taken most fish. I dont know of anywhere right now that is red hot and even the farm ponds have died some with this cold front. Good luck!

goody

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to get out with the kids and catch a few. My boys are a little young to do any pheasant hunting yet so I thought we might catch a few over the weekend. I guessed the lakes would be scarcely fished with the start of hunting season and I thought we might find a great honey hole to keep their attention.