• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

86 Indy Trail Question

grizzald

Two years ago I was taking my 1986 Indy Trail across my yard and all of a sudden she got really boggy and didnt even have the power to turn the track. I didnt have the time to get her checked out last winter but I want to get her going this winter for ice fishing. I'm thinking one of the jets or float is plugged or stuck in the carb, but I'm far from an expert. Any suggestions of what it could be?

grizzald-

Good assumption.

You said 2 years ago and if it hasn't ran since, it is definitely going to need a thorough carb cleaning as well as a fresh tank of gasoline. Siphon out that old gas and replace with fresh gas. New plugs wouldn't hurt either.

Please ask if you need a little help with the carb cleaning.

Trying to run a sled that has sat for awhile without cleaning carbs is asking for a disaster and even bigger repair bills. You're basically going to run it lean and burn down a cylinder.

A basic cleaning will solve this.