• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rods and reels

Duckman8

Question

I have $100 to spend on a rod and a reel. I have been looking at the gander guide series and the fenwick HMX or what about the shimano rod? Which one would you buy? Who makes gander's rod's? What about reels? Shimano or gander guide series? Need help. Give me your opinions.

4 answers to this question

I have five Gander series rods, and I like them. For the dollar value I feel they are a good rod at least for my type of fishing. In their sale add they were $10.00 off, no idea who makes them for Gander. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one. gilby

One of the guys who works as Gander told me that St Croix makes there blanks. I'm not sure if thats correct, but that's what I was told. They have been $10.00 off for a couple months now. I have one for myself and another for my son. They have been serving us well for an inexpensive rod.