• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Almost got a doe tonight.

kc0myy

Tonight out bow hunting my 1st time on my tree stand since I moved it. I was not really cold. I am guessing around 6-6:30pm 2 fawns and 1 doe came out. The 1st deer I have ever seen out bow hunting. I could of shot the doe but I didnt want to risk a bad shot. So I didnt shoot the doe. Just today I brought some scent killer I just went home after school grab a camo shrit still had blue jeans on. The thing that was really weird is that the deer were not alarmed. Also they are down wind from me I could of danced in my tree stand and they deer would of done nothing. I had some red fox urine that is the best cover scent urine you can buy. Tonight was a good night I got out saw some deer was happy for seeing the wildlife thats what is the best thing about hunting. So is the deer you hang on your wall.

goodluck guys

Glad you enjoyed your hunt, hopefully sometime soon you can change that "almost got" into "got a deer." When you do, take some time to really enjoy the moment and then try to remember that feeling every time you get a deer. It is nice to hear from someone who enjoys just being in the hunt and having a good day. Let us know how your season goes with some more updates and good luck.

This year is the first time I have hunted and I was out with a bow a couple nights ago. Unfortunately I couldn't find a good tree to put my stand in so I opted to sit on it on the ground. I wasn't really paying attention and two does came walking right up next to me. The first one came to within 5 yards of where I was sitting and just stared so that I could not draw on her and the one that was about twice as big and probably the biggest doe I have ever seen wouldn't take her eye off me at 30 yards so I had to let her walk too but hey it was fun to get out there and I see why hunting is indeed such an addicting sport. Hope that all of you have some luck out there.

wall-i-king

I think one reasone why the doe didn't come into range was because there was a creek. With wood across it so hunters can get across the creek. Today I look on the other side of the creek the side the deer were on. I found a tree like 5 yards away from the trail that the deer walk on I am going to let the tree stand sit over the weekend of maybe one day before school I'll go out. Today night at work I was think about being in my stand having a buck walk right by my stand and having the buck fever I CAN'T WAIT INTELL I GO OUT AGAIN!!!!

Later guys gals good luck be safe.