• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall '05 Walleye's

Corey, my friend, you catch (and release) some nice walleyes. Nice pics.

Now, when you have two like that in many of your pictures, is that a "double" meaning, both caught at the same time? One in livewell, till #2 comes along for the photo opp? How do you always manage to have a pair of piggies?

Nice pics. smile.gif

Quote:

One in livewell, till #2 comes along for the photo opp? How do you always manage to have a pair of piggies?

I would say no he didnt catch it at the same time because you cant have 2 rods in the water in minnesota during open water fishing and I read earlier in the season that you cant keep walleyes in the livewell then release them later. I dont know, basically I dont really care because I never really go after them.. just on a occassion with my brother and dad once/twice a year. Nice walleyes though.

Yep, one was sitting in the livewell till #2 came along. The reason that I like to hold the Walleyes in the well is that they need a minute to recoop from the battle. I like to know they are swimming upright before they get returned to the water. It just so happens that the first 29.5" fish was hooked pretty deep and I wanted to be sure that she was OK before she went back in. Let me tell you what, it's an awesome site watching them big girls swim off together and slowly vanish into the deep! I hope to see them again next open water season.

CPR of course,

Corey Bechtold