• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What would you do...

RoadRunner

I'm kinda struggling with a decision regarding selling my snowmobiles. I've got 2 snowmobiles, the first is a 1997 Indy 500 w/3K miles on it that I bought with an 8x8 steel tilt trailer 6 years ago for $3000. The second is an XC500SP that I bought new (carry-over) for the wife 3 years ago for $5500. We've only put 400 miles on it since we've had it. She doesn't ride as much as we thought she would, and actually isn't an aggressive enough of a rider for the sled (tends to overheat it alot). Both sleds are in really good condition. I've been offered $4,500 from a guy to buy both sleds and trailer.

Am I crazy for selling these sleds and trailer for that price, or is that about the going price these days?

Just looking for other opinions, Thanks

A quick review of recent similar hsolist sales and used sleds on the internet, puts that 97 at about $1200, and a 2001-or-so XC500SP at $2700 to $3500 (saw one for $2700, and one for $3500). Used trailers like that tend to go for about $5-700. Total it up for $4400-$5400 and the offer is in the lower part of my off-the-cuff estimate.

If that Xc500 is in great shape, you should be able to get a little more for the package. As it is with $4500, after you figure $1200 for the 97 and $600 for the trailer, which have less wiggle room on price, you'd essentially be getting $2700 for the xc500sp, which is the lowest I saw one advertised for. With real snow on the ground, in my opinion, you should be able to get $3000 or more for the xc500sp.

I'd sell it to a friend for what you were offered, but to a stranger, I'd package it all for $5000, or a little more.

Just my opinion.

Not cutting down your machines...but is something wrong with the xc500sp. Thats a liquid cooled sled as far as I am aware and should not overheat that easily. I have an xc600sp and I (or anyone on it) have never overheated it in any temps and any riding conditions. Ever had it looked at?

What year is it?

311Hemi, It's a 2002. It's never overheated when I've ridden it. Maybe I shouldn't say she overheats it a lot, but she had problems last year on a couple of rides in particular where there was low (read, virtually none) snow conditions on the trails. She's scared to get off the trails, so there wasn't enough snow getting thrown up into the tunnel to cool it. When we traded sleds she had my temperature light coming on too, and hers behaved just fine when I was on it. My point was that she is a afraid of the power, and won't drive it like it should be ridden. Thanks for the response, though. I just want to know if the price I was offered was in line, or if I am giving these away too cheaply if I take the offer. I don't know, I'm struggling with some second thoughts about selling them anyway, and think I may regret letting them go if I do.

Roadrunner-

I would hang onto them if I were you. It just really isn't a sellers market, just way too many used sleds available.

I also don't think I'd let the combo of yours go for under $5,000. You would probably do better to split the combo up. Your trailer will more than likely sell higher as well as your 02 XC.

I've got an '02 Arctic Cat ZR600 EFI (fairly comparable sled to your XC500SP) and I wouldn't sell mine for under $3,500.

Just my opinion.

If your wife enjoys trail riding, why not trade the older sled on a fan cooled sled and then you could claim the newer XC ? There are some pretty good deals on carry over Super Sports or fairly new fan cooled trails out there if you look around.